Visitors

Monday, May 31, 2010

Chpt-07 Capitol Reef / Salt Lake City / Grand Teton

Another Mail posting.

 

After getting up I thought I’d have to see the “Capitol Reef” Park. Now, as I am just nearby. Basically it is one big Canyon which is missing the other side. Along this wall there is a street which you can go by car / bike. I decided to get to the end of the paved road by car and hop on my bike for the rest. No matter how beautiful it all is, I decided I have enough of stones and desert. I wanna see green, as for a change.

 

So, on my way northwards I decided to make a stopover in Salt Lake City. Which is…, well, a city. With streets. And houses. Ah, and some Mormon-Temples and some great salty lake nearby. However, I didn’t make it all the way out to “Wendover”, the salt plateau where they constantly break speed records and where “The world fastest Indian” has been filmed. (Good movie, by the way)

 

Okay, and this morning I got myself in the car again and made it all the way up to the “Grand Teton National Park”, which is just below the Park of all Parks: Yellowstone.

 

 Finally I get to see some trees and there is wildlife supposed to be here, too. However, so far no one I spoke to has seen anything bigger than a squirrel.

 

 And as I have actually made it to get a reservation for some nights in the Yellowstone Park, that’s where I will be for the next couple of days. The weather turned out to be better than predicted, so the park might reveal all it’s colors which it is famous for…

 

However, there is no Wifi in the Park, so a next report will take a little while…

2 comments:

  1. " Basically it is one big Canyon which is missing the other side"

    Uh, no. There's a lot more, the park is over 100 miles from end to end with a huge variety of scenery and even some trees in places, though not many. (Pesky vegetation blocks the view)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    welcome to the Blog! :-)

    Yes, you're right, the IS more to see. Frankly, the strong winds comming up chased me away. I could have gone on a little hiking trail at the end of the street for example but I forgot my lock and I felt a little unsafe leavinf the bike just as it is.
    However, I liked Capitol Reef! :-)

    ReplyDelete