Visitors

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Chpt-01 San Diego

Hello everyone.

Just want to let you all know that I made it safely over to San Diego. Despite some ash-cloud problems I arrived just shortly before midnight. Olivier, a guy from Luxembourg which I met in Minneapolis, didn’t make it to the hostel before they closed, so we shared the room for a night.
Getting the rental car was no problem and after having an XXL-Breakfast (see the picture) I am now ready for seeing some cars at the dealers. Wish me all luck for finding one and talk to you later…


View from my apartment



Olivier and me


Our "Full American Breakfast"

In the meantime I've had the chance to check for some cars. Guys, it will not be a Prius. Somehow there's something heavier that attracted my eyes.

Here you can download my entire flight:

http://www.nickspace.de/kml/Flight.zip


If you have Google Earth installed, then unzip the file and double-click it. Thanks again to Sabine, Paul-Georg and Jürgen for the gadget that makes this possible! ;-)


GOT A CAR!!

Here comes little minor update: I just came back from the dealer I got my car at. Nope, it's not a Prius, it's the opposite:


See? It's got a spare tire! I couldn't resist :-/
Price was pretty okay, I think. How okay it really was I'll find out in Anchorage, but I'm pretty sure it was a good deal.

Ha, now's the perfect time to have a

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr!!


San Diego's "Old Town".


Another Mexican Food Table. After that I found I had enough of "All you can eat"! (this one was yummy, though)

-

Well, today it's Saturday and that's my always planned day of departure. I'll just have to return the rental car this morning. "Olivia from Luxem-thing" as someone called him in a pub is so nice to help me with that.
Next stop on the route: LAS VEGAS! Holger has booked us into the some Hotel which seems to be one big swimming pool. Let's see...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Nick! Get your Kicks on Route 66 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick - have really fun over there... And we want to Know it! Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rt 66 will take you the wrong way! But do you know the way to San Jose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    Hope you enjoyed your beer. Wish you all the best for your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete