Visitors

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chpt-03 The Grand Canyon

Monday

After leaving in Las Vegas I had to cross the Hoover Dam another time, entering Arizona. The path lead me partly through endless desert:


At the same evening I ran into my camping neighbors Doug and Dave. Two crazy Americans who have to renovate an old church in the park.

Next evening they invited me to Chili Meat Beans. Yummmyy!!

Tuesday

At first I slept in. That was necessary. Then I decided to explore the park with my new bike. After getting it ready I started into the park, using an old trail.

Arizona Trail. I was happy to have: good brakes, a helmet and front suspension!

Things you can see, walking the Rim Trail at the edge of the canyon.












Wednesday (the hike)

Well, I cannot visit the Grand Canyon without being once at the top and at the bottom. So I went to the park office and asked for hiking trails. One day hikes are "not recommended", so you have to book a lodge down in the Canyon (about a year in advance).
Some other guy I asked said "No, they do not recommend the one day hike, but some people do it anyway."
So, am I going to do it? OF COURSE I AM!! I am "some guy" after all! But I set my alarm clock to 4:15am to be sure I will be back before dusk.


Veeery early.


Some pick-Nick at "Indians Garden". Nice place to stop.


Jajaaa, ich weiss ja! Also weiter...




Yeeey, finally some water in sight!



Weird rock formations.

But way better you can see it all in the moving pictures:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick! Schaut aus as if you have a great time with the yankees. Keep on biking!

    ReplyDelete