Visitors

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chpt-05 Cedar Breaks / Bryce Canyon

Hiho.

 

 This will be an email posting, so Pictures will all be on top, probably unsorted.

After Zion, here was a cold front pulling through. I went into a hotel in Cedar City and from there I went on a little excursion to the “Cedar Breaks”. The road up there was closed, so I had to walk 4 miles up and down to see them. See all the snow around me, here is still winter.

 

Next day I went into the Bryce Canyon National Park. For some reason they had availability on the campgrounds in the park. Ok, then I am gonna stay here! First thing after building up my tent is getting myself on the bike to see where this road leads that goes just next to the campground. Well, I didn’t read it before, so I actually went 15 miles up the hill to get to the end. Riding back was pretty cold as I was prepared just for a mile or so. But it was worth the effort. The view into the land is fantastic (see “hero next to his bike – picture” ;-)  ).

 

Today (Wednesday) I had to see the Canyon from the inside. Just across the campsite there is “Sunset Point” where some nice loop trail into the canyon starts. The whole Canyon is like some magic forest built out of stone. Have a look at the pictures. Glenn and Sue from San Francisco gave me some good hints where to go in their home town. Three weeks, and I am gonna be there…

 

However, on my way here I went through the “Red Canyon” (yes, another canyon) which I might have a closer look at tomorrow. Let’s see…



And the same thing at sunset, viewed from "Sunset Point":

No comments:

Post a Comment