Visitors

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chpt-06 Red Canyon

Today happened so much, it's worth a separate chapter.

I went back to the Red Canyon which I have passed some days ago. At the Visitor's Center I asked for a bike trail and they could give me some recommendations.
At the trail head I met Glenn and Sue again, the couple from San Francisco, I met in the Bryce Canyon. The world is a small place, even here.

The color of that canyon is, again, amazing. I think, my camera can't really catch it. I went up the trail and the way back was a real down-hill adventure. After that, the bike and me, both looked like pigs. Still can't believe how much fun you can have with a $74 bike from Wal-Mart.










On my way westwards, I stopped at a small State Park called "Petrified Forest" (versteinerter Wald). Interesting to see, what colors these old trees have now. From the trees itself is nothing left, but the minerals that replaced the wood have still the same shape. You can even see the annual rings.




The drive further west was one of my most amazing scenic drives I ever went on. Forests, deserts, villages..., all followed by each other. In the middle if a desert canyon there is a little river in which ducks have found their home.


As the last camping didn't have showers again I needed to check in at an Inn. A shower is really some good invention!!!

1 comment: