Visitors

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chpt-04 Zion

Nope,

it was no Thursday as I thought when I entered Zion National Park, it was Saturday. That's why everything was booked out again. Campgrounds are even booked months in advance. So I found one free site out of town. For like 400 people they at least have one public pay-shower in which I cue now. Good: they have WIFI so I have plenty of time uploading stuff..

This morning I decided to go up the park on my bike to see where I can go on a hike.




After one hike not worth mentioning, I started this one:


Petzen steht her ganz hoch im Kurs!




This hill on top of it all I still had to climb up.



View from above.



And some descent again.


Another hiking video, maybe it's worth watching:



After that I had to go into the direction of East Entrance again. The countryside there is really amazing:








So, the park itself is great to see, but the way it has been organized is horrible. So, I think I will see if I enter the Northern part of the park again or will carry on to who knows where... :-)

Sunday

Today I went to see the rest of the Park...


The entrance to the Kolob Mountains.



Spring has not arrived up here, yet. And if you don't take care, little snow men jump onto your car, wondering what you're doing up here.

Well, in the meantime I have passed on. Plan was to go to the Bryce Canyon Park, or Cedar Breaks. But now winter has come back here and seeing snow falling on my car, I think staying at a hotel is the better choice, rather than sleeping in a tent once more.

1 comment:

  1. hi nick


    sehr schön und detailgetreu. hab ne coole zeit und freue mich auf deine pics und lyrics on time...
    beste grüsse aus berlin

    björn

    ReplyDelete