Visitors

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chpt-16 Canada

Instead of taking this picture, I better should have taken care of what it says. Well, we have taken the wrong turn but got into Canada anyways.
As we have decided to take the ferry to Ketchikan on Thursday, this chapter will probably be a shorter one. We will have to rush through a bit as it is more than 1400km up to Prince Rupert.



Vancouver had the first rain for me since Yellowstone.


On Granville Island you can find all sorts of stores and markets. Nice place!




You can get yummy "Candy Salmon" here.


Reminds me a bit of an old market hall in Barcelona. Many pictures have been taken there, if I remember correctly ;-)


The "Lion's Gate Bridge" over, yes, the Lion's Gate.


The road took us to the rainforesty outback of Canada.


A loooong drive for the two of us.


Next day, the countryside became even more spectacular.


Through my dirty window I could finally see "Burns Lake". Another good place to spent one night.


Next day: oh yes, we're in Canada now!!


I better let the pictures speak:
On the road again. Scenic road almost all the way. Still 600km to go to Prince Rupert.












Now we arrived in Prince Rupert. Ferry goes at 5.15am, and we have to check in 3 hours in advance. So, no Hotel tonight. Just hanging around, eat and wait for the time or the rain to pass. However, tomorrow it will be the ferry to my actual destination: Alaska!

1 comment:

  1. hast du eigentlich diana kontaktet? ansonsten noch: gute reise.

    ReplyDelete