Visitors

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chpt-21 Seward

Back "home" in Anchorage it's a good day to take a bike ride around the lake. It is so to say a big yard for airplanes. It's also the busiest seaplane base in the world. No, it's not the biggest, it's the busiest. Many planes around:


The airplane marina.


Next day. On our way to Seward, a nice little drinking town with a fishing problem.


The road down is, again, one of the most scenic drives I can remember.







Our reason to get there: finally a kayak trip.


I didn't take a picture, but just next to me a dolphin showed up.


On our way back. Everything looks even nicer. Isn't that what you imagine when you hear the word "Alaska"?


Awesome, huh?


A perfect place to take another panorama picture.


Which is this one:


Back in Anchorage, Dennis, Charley and me went out for some beers. There is a terrace up on the roof where there was a very nice view over the city to enjoy.


On our way home: a lake in the middle of the city.


However, this will be the last picture on this blog. I just managed it to get my car sold. To a price both parties have made a good deal with. I checked the weather report and it says: rain rain rain rain rain...

Somehow I like "Heat wave" better. I rebooked my flight and when you read this, I'll probably be on the plane already.

So, I hope every one of you has enjoyed following my trip and maybe one or the other has got some ideas of where to plan next year's vacation.

Now I am looking forward to my "New Life" in Bremen again, after 4 years in Toulouse and 2 1/2 months in Canada/USA...

No comments:

Post a Comment