Visitors

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chpt-18 The Yukon

In order to get to Alaska's mainland, I have to cross a part of Canada again. This would be a part of British Columbia and: Yukon. Once said in the beginning: Next to Lago Argentina (Argentina/Chile) and the Grand Canyon du Verdon (France), this is one of the three most scenic drives I have been on in my entire live!

I am glad to have found this photo-stitching software to create some panoramic pictures, otherwise it would have been difficult to show the entire beauty of the Highway and it's countryside.

Haines, and it's weather. Seems a little triste. However, there are houses in better shape, too!



Some of the fisherman are too lazy to fish themselves. They have machines doing it for them. The entire thing turns, driven by current.


That's the way to travel!!


Highway impressions.


Crossed the border between two territories.


The highway again.


Just enlarge and scroll the pictures...




I love the Canadians, and most of it all: their weather!!! :-)




I stopped at a campground for a night. For some reason it get's warmer the further Nrth I travel.


That's the lake the campground is at. Quite nice, or?


Leonard gave me some hints where to go. One of the places he recommended is "Chicken". Yes, you're right, the village is called that way. Let's see if I make it...









What an environment for eating a banana!!


Yupp, that's where I want to have my house built!!


An amazing lake ahead. And, wait a minute, who's the other guy?!?!?


From now on: no comments for a while...












A swan in no man's land between Canada and Alaska.


Yeeey, I made it!!!!!


First impressions of Alaska's main land.


In TOK I got stranded. No motel, but fortunately the last campsite available in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment